Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Waking Up a New Country

Things are finally starting to come together after two days of travel. I am proud to announce that I have found a fiets (bicycle)! Looks can be deceiving, as this rustbucket rides like a dream! My commute time is a fraction of what it was, and the city is now wide open for exploration!

I have finally met Mike Acheampong, a PhD originally from Ghana. He will be assisting me in completing a portion of his research relating to the capacity of the biomaterial in question (crushed coconut shell) to absorb copper in goldmine wastewater. I am testing for the severity of reduced efficiency in cyclical absorption and desorption processes. Hopefully the coconut shell will be able to undergo several cycles without losing much efficiency in absorbing copper.

More soon - off to explore the city!

--
Anton D Dapcic



No comments:

Post a Comment