Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Start of Day Three

It's the start of day three here in Delft. I am seated at the ground floor of the UNESCO-IHE building surrounded by fellow USF-ers. We are all silently typing away on our laptops, catching up on emails, blogging, and working on our literature review for our experiments. I have a stack of papers to read thanks to my mentor here at Delft, Denys Villa-Gomez. 

 

Denys is a PhD student working with Dr. Piet Len's Environmental Biotechnology Research Group. Her research topic is removing heavy metals from wastewater using a sulfate-reducing inverse fluidized bed bioreactor. Words can't describe how excited I am to be working on this project! I start working in the lab this afternoon and will be spending most of the morning and early afternoon working on my literature review. 


Hope this blog finds you well!


Kristen Andre


No comments:

Post a Comment