Saturday, May 8, 2010

First sign Laurel is not in Florida anymore: sweatshirt is mandatory to go outside, instead of mandatory sunglasses and sunscreen.... We are in the North Country!

Another sign of culture shock in the Netherlands: the faucets in my apartment are very strange. I will describe them and post a pic later. Both the hot faucet and the cold faucet twist to the left!! In the U.S. the right side one twists left I think and the left side one twists right. Also they are awkwardly positioned at an angle so as you have to turn the cold faucet with your right hand and the hot faucet with your left hand. I always reach across and turn the cold with my left hand, so you will see my predicament when I post the picture... culture shock hits you in small ways, it does!

I tried to get un-jet lagged last night by staying up. It didn't work because I had to take a nap this afternoon and now I have to stay up late working on schoolwork. Hopefully this weekend I can un-jet lag myself and relax after I finish some more schoolwork. The end is in sight, at least.

Laurel

No comments:

Post a Comment