Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Pre-IHE

Author: Michael Gerdjikian

It is roughly 13 hours before the first flight departs. I'm feeling nervous, anxious, scared and excited all at once. It's relatively close to departure yet I'm still packing my bags. I've never been out of the country before; I've barely traveled the US. I've been very fortunate this past year and now I have the opportunity to travel to Europe to learn from some of the brightest minds in the water industry. I'm eager to see the multitude of cultures that I will come across over the next 10 weeks. The architecture especially is going to be unike anything I've ever seen in person. It's going to be difficult leaving home for such a long period of time but the experience I'll gain will transcend any worries I have. I really don't know to expect when the plane lands and I step foot in Amsterdam for the first time but it will definately be a moment that I'll never forget. I want to travel around and get as much as I can out of this trip. Well, it's time for me to finish packing...

No comments:

Post a Comment