Monday, June 21, 2010

Hup Holland Hup!

by De

So much has happened lately and I've been slacking on keeping everyone updated! The world cup has... BEGUN!! and thank goodness I'm in a country that likes soccer!! I've played since I was little and it's a lot of fun to see the Dutch get very patriotic for their team! The first game was on a Monday and this little city of Delft went completely ORANGE! The crazy outfits and ways that people were showing their team spirit made everyone be in such a great mood! (not to mention Holland is undefeated thus far..!)

Another bright note from the last week is that my mom came to visit me! Her and a friend from home came and stayed in Delft and instantly fell in love with the lifestyle over here! (I'm kind of surprised they made their flight home) I had a lot of fun seeing some friendly faces from back home and miss them already!

But on a more professional note.. things in the lab are definitely moving along.  Our SAT columns are getting closer and closer to being considered ripened as we speak.  There are small hiccups along the way, but for the most part everything has been very productive and a learning process on a daily basis!  We have characterized the columns twice now (once for pathogen removal and the second time for nutrient removal).  Through this process we now have a more exact idea about what is going on in the columns as the waste water runs through them.

More to come later for sure! Tot ziens!

No comments:

Post a Comment