Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Thanks-You's, Farewells, and Cheers

So the summer is over, and everyone has wrapped up their research projects. The presentations were a success.

I would sincerely like to thank UNESCO-IHE for hosting the IRES team, Stephanie Petitjean for making sure that the program ran smoothly and providing us with the necessary information to help us get accustomed to our new lives abroad, the lab staff for being there to help everyone with their research, NSF for providing the funding to make this opportunity possible, Dr. Yeh for leading the program, and all the great students we met along the way. 

In addition, I'd like to express my gratitude to my advisor Dr. Maria Kennedy, and my mentor, Assiyeh Tabatabai, for her constant guidance and support.

I am very grateful that I had the opportunity to do research at UNESCO-IHE and aid in advancing water research. This was an amazing experience in which I not only learned about technical laboratory research, but also about European culture and daily life. Hopefully, the program will be renewed so that other students will have the opportunity to collaborate with the institute and expand their experiences beyond what is available within the United States. I'm sure this experience will prove beneficial to my professional and academic career.

Thanks to all!
Cheers!!


final bike ride after the presentations


coffee break with the girls, kristen was there in spirit


Yasmina, my dear lab friend

the final group outing at our favorite gelato place

My favorite memories of the team this summer include:
*watching Anton eat a full plate of rice, chicken, and vegetables + 3 sandwiches for lunch....on a regular basis
*Anh's fu manchu mustache from the mustache party
*Eating kapsalon with Suzie in the middle of the night and stovetop baking experiments
*Caryssa almost winning a tv at the DUWO raffle
*Kristen sharing her infinite beer and coffee and movie knowledge

-MIG

No comments:

Post a Comment